FDA Approves Wireless Wearable Electrotherapy Device for Back Pain - 4mdmedical.com
|Location||:||14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111 Scottsdale, Arizona, United States|
|Posted by||:||46mdmedical ( View user all ads )|
|Posted On||:||Dec 13, 2012|
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved over-the-counter sale of the Hollywog WiTouch device, targeting back pain. The WiTouch Pro model, with advanced features, is available with a doctor’s prescription.
The WiTouch device offers a drug-free solution for lower back pain. The wearable device with replaceable gel pads is flexible and discreet.
The lightweight product utilizes Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) to target pain. The wireless therapeutic device stimulates the area’s nerves and muscle fibers. Relief can be felt immediately and several hours after use, according to the startup. The WiTouch may be worn as long as needed.
Now Available for sale at www.4mdmedical.com
Hollywog WiTouch is the first wireless remote controlled pain relief device incorporating TENS technology to specifically target lower back pain. The thin and flexible design perfectly contours the back for a perfect fit on almost any body shape. Advanced electronics design maximizes energy use providing over 150 30-minute treatment sessions per battery life. This innovative device is safe, drug-free, easy to use, discreet & comfortable to wear, and most importantly allows you to control your pain to maintain an active lifestyle.
· Wireless handheld remote control… control your pain the instant you need it!
· Drug-Free with No Side Effects
· Thin, flexible and discreet – wear under your clothing for hours of pain relief when you need it
· So comfortable and lightweight, you forget you are even wearing it…no one ever knows who is wearing a WiTouch
· No wires, bulky back wraps or belts
· Easy to use, self-applicable and ready to use out of the box – no complicated programs and settings to learn or adjust
· Over 150 30-minute treatments before changing batteries
· As powerful as professional equipment – 20% higher intensity output than typical portable devices available today and 2.5 times larger treatment area coverage
· Replaceable Gel Pads for multiple back pain relief applications
ABOUT WITOUCH TENS
1. What is TENS?
TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) is a non-invasive, drug free method of controlling pain by the transmission of electrical stimulation to the body’s nerve or muscle fibers through the skin. Pain relief or supression is achieved by: Supressing the transmission of pain in nerves (Gate Control Theory) and increasing the discharge of the body’s endorphins, which reduces the sensivity to pain in the central nervous system (Opiate Release Theory). The Hollywog® WiTouch’s exclusive and patented waveform incorporates BOTH clinical theories of TENS to provide immediate and long-lasting pain relief. The Hollywog WiTouch provides a safe, easy to apply, medically approved pain management system for self-treatment when needed. The WITouch is perfect for those with chronic low back pain.
2. How does TENS work to relieve pain?
Pain relief or suppression is achieved by:
Suppressing the transmission of pain in nerves (Gate Control Theory) and Increasing the discharge of the body’s endorphins, which reduces the sensitivity to pain in the central nervous system (Opiate Release Theory)
3. How does the WiTouch provide pain relief?
WiTouch’s exclusive and patented stimulation waveform incorporates BOTH clinical theories of TENS to provide pain relief. You may feel immediate relief as soon as you start the device, and you may feel pain relief as long as 3-4 hours after use.